07 - Words of Wisdom
SWSPC-07 Show Notes
Words of Wisdom
Jacob and Adrienne talk about advice.
How to teach toddlers about healthy sexuality. What would we tell young artists at the beginning of their careers. The differences between radio and podcasting. The difference between 'form' and 'format' and 'structure'. What is the social function of sadness?
We apologize for the quality of Jacob's mic. He forgot his good mic at home. It won't happen again.
LINKS TO THINGS WE TALKED ABOUT:
- Take Back the Night
- Jean Morpugo
- Kenneth Tynan
- Pina Bausch
- Wooster Group
- Tadashi Suzuki
- Jest in Time
- Halifax Music Scene in the 90's
- Heiner Muller'sHamletmachine
- Sally Clark'sMoo
- Marc Diamond's Survival Guide:
- Bring a newspaper to rehearsal
- Bring twice as many cigarettes as you think you'll need
- Never steal from the theatre
- Always buy your own drinks
- Always leave the party when you're still having fun
- Say hello to everyone when you walk in the room
- Management Tools Podcast
- Ira Glass Reading Watching: Original / Meme1 / Meme2
- The Current
- 10,000 hours of practice rule and why it might be wrong
- The Trouble With Bright Girls
- Articles about the search for gender neutral baby clothes HERE and HERE
- The Choreographer's Handbook by Jonathan Burrows
- Aristotelian Structure
- David McIntosh
- Upper Toronto
- The difference between 'form' and 'format' and 'structure'
- Sam Mendes’ 25 Rules for Directors
- Viktor Shklovsky, Bertolt Brecht and Verfremdungseffekt, often mistranslated as the 'Alienation Effect'
- Jean Luc Godard
- Maiko Bae Yamamoto's thought residency
We didn't get to this, but here's a good read. Our friend Dustin Harvey gives himself advice.