Space for Art for Everyone? Part 1 - Urgy Podcast 03
Things in the week
- The Last Voyage of Donald Crowhurst is the play that opened.
- Ghost River Theatre made it in collaboration with
- Alberta Theatre Projects who are hosting the
- Raucous Caucus
- Toronto Arts Council Cultural Leaders Lab is what Jacob was working on with.
- Banff Centre Peter Lougheed Leadership Institute
- Major Matt Mason Collective is a theatre group hosting a party and is younger than us.
Stella Duffy and "Everyone an artist."
- Stella Duffy wrote the article, and blogs.
- Joan Littlewood was a theatre maker. This is the
- Cedric Price was the architect who worked with Joan on the
- Fun Palaces
Some Toronto "Neighborhood Theatres"
- Hub 14 is at Bathurst and Queen.
- VideoFag is in Kensington.
- Aluna Theatre is in the "Junction Triangle".
- The Storefront is at Bloor and Ossington.
- SideMart Theatrical Grocery is Queen East and Greenwood
- Coalmine Theatre on the Danforth near Pape Station.
Vancouver Regional touring
The sentance that causes questions:
"The report describes arts audiences as overwhelmingly middle class and white. It says that the wealthiest, best educated and least ethnically diverse 8% of society make up nearly half of live music audiences and a third of theatregoers and gallery visitors." - The Guardian on the recently released Warwick Report on culture in the UK.