11 - Actors are Real People Too
Adrienne and Jacob talk with Annabel Soutar, playwright and Artistic Director of Porte Parole. The conversation ranges from an introduction to Annabel, her work and influences; the responsibilities related to involving real-life individuals as sources, subjects or performers within theatrical productions.
Links to some of the things we talk about:
- Magnetic North
- Annabel Soutar
- Documentary Theatre
- Emily Mann's play Execution of Justice about Harvey Milk. The movie "Milk" about the same subject
- The McCarter Theatre
- Anna Devere-Smith
- Porte Parole, Annabel's company in Montreal
- Small Wooden Shoe's Summer Spectacular
- Daedalus and Icarus myth
- Robert Oppenheimer
- Aaron Swartz
- The Internet's Own Boy
- Tim Alley
- The controversy Adrienne referred to was in relation to the play nOOb by Christopher Duthie. See the Toronto Star article HERE.
- James Long's "Clark and I Somewhere in Connecticut"
- "The Watershed" is Annabel's current work in development
- Philip Larkin's poem "This Be The Verse"