Adrienne and Jacob talk with Annabel Soutar, playwright and Artistic Director of Porte Parole. The conversation ranges from an introduction to Annabel, her work and influences; the responsibilities related to involving real-life individuals as sources, subjects or performers within theatrical productions.
Links to some of the things we talk about:
- Magnetic North
- Annabel Soutar
- Documentary Theatre
- Emily Mann's play Execution of Justice about Harvey Milk. The movie "Milk" about the same subject
- The McCarter Theatre
- Anna Devere-Smith
- Porte Parole, Annabel's company in Montreal
- Small Wooden Shoe's Summer Spectacular
- Daedalus and Icarus myth
- Robert Oppenheimer
- Aaron Swartz
- The Internet's Own Boy
- Tim Alley
- The controversy Adrienne referred to was in relation to the play nOOb by Christopher Duthie. See the Toronto Star article HERE.
- James Long's "Clark and I Somewhere in Connecticut"
- "The Watershed" is Annabel's current work in development
- Philip Larkin's poem "This Be The Verse"