Recently someone asked if there was a place to go to find out about interesting work going on in Toronto – the internet and weeklies are just too unspecific. There’s not really. But it reminded me of the importance of spreading the good word:
- Dancemakers Around opens TONIGHT and the runs this week and next Wednesday to Saturday at 8pm with Sunday matinees. Get tickets here. I’m involved with this one as a dramaturge, so there’s that – but Dancemakers continues to make worlds unlike any others in the city.
- Especially for the 3penny and Kurt Weil inclined, there’s a perfect chance to go to the new Theatre Centre that just opened and runs this weekend: L’Orchestre d’hommes-orchestres | Cabaret brise-jour March 25–29. I’m going Friday.
- A bunch of great artists from all around are leading a workshop in June. Luminato is hosting a crazy interesting Copy Cat Academy – and the deadline has been extended.
- Two of the funniest folk ever, Kayla Lorette and Becky Johnson, are available on Thursday April 3rd. The Sufferettes are doing a solo show at the Comedy Bar. Buy your tickets HERE
- Tuesday, April 8 at 7:30pm (FB event) at the Monarch Tavern, Carl Wilson is relaunching his amazing book Let’s Talk About Love - now made even more amazing by amazing contributors. Amazing.
- Misha Glouberman is leading one of his great Negotiation Courses starting May 7th. Very helpful for life. More info HERE