I'm starting a new series "Evidence of our times." Every couple days I'll post links that got my attention and I think need to be remembered. Signs of the times. Most likely a mix of arts related stuff and political / social stuff. Old fashioned web logging. The unlabelled mix of topics is purely intentional. Links for April 18th through April 19th:
- Grad Student Who Shook Global Austerity Movement -- Daily Intelligencer - One of the issues with numbers based defence of ideological positions. Gotta get the numbers right. Also, I don't feel so bad about the typos in my CV - they never ruined thousands of lives.
- Longing, Frustration and Desire | SITI Company - Anne Bogarts blog. An interesting read as I've started including "Desire" as part of the (mostly) Viewpoints Workshops (next one April 28 and May 5th)
- By closing the Health Council of Canada, Stephen Harper is abandoning national medicare | Toronto Star - The continuing cuts on the "little" things that matter. Each cut doesn't matter does it? I need the NDP to be clearer on loyally opposing this stuff, or there will be nothing to be loyal to.
- Hacking Theater In A Networked World | HowlRound - Some good ideas about tech in theatre. I'd be ok with usable websites.
- Shifting the Center - Engaging Matters - Been thinking about this lately - my need to think about the relationships I'm interested in as much as the research in the nature of art. It's not a zero sum game, nor do all makers need to be the same, but this articulates some of what I've been thinking about. More soon (with venn diagrams!)