- Dancemakers development for The Adpatation Project
- Antigone Dead People planning and plotting.
- Upper Toronto planning and plotting.
- JZ travels to the PuSh Festival to pitch Antigone Dead People and see some shows.
- Upper Toronto at Parkdale Arts and Recreation Centre.
- JZ attends EMERGENCE: A Symposium on Community Arts Practice
- Boys who say no (with Frank Cox-O’Connell on drums) release their very good CD
- Speak to Sky Gilbert’s grad students at University of Guelph on Realism
- Recreational Play Acting 1 starts. Using Brecht’s Saint Joan of the Stockyards to teach non-actors some of the helpful things about acting.
- JZ takes How to talk to people about things - Misha Glouberman’s very good negotiation class.
- Wooster Group visit Toronto. Always a pleasure
- JZ does some work as a dramaturgical advisor for the Looking Glass Collective in Hamilton.
- JZ joins the Imagining Toronto Panel at the Kofler Centre to talk Upper Toronto
- Evan Webber and Frank Cox-O’Connell perform Ajax and Little Illiad at Harbourfront Centre’s World Stage to much deserved praise.
- JZ serves as dramaturge for Dancemakers’ The Adaptation Project
- Launch Perhaps in a Hundred Years Indiegogo campaign.
- Small Wooden Shoe Reads Difficult Plays and Sings Simple Songs #1. A new series, curated by Leora Morris with some interference from me, we get together and read a difficult play and sing a simple song. Great evenings out at our secret location.
- Upper Toronto Scenario Planning planning with Tim Maly and Peg Lahm
- Perhaps in a Hundred Years at the OFFTA. Thanks to your support, Chad, Ame, Kilby and I perform at the OFFTA - adding a show by popular demand and meeting lots of wonderful people. Feels great to be back in Montreal.
- Upper Toronto Scenario Planning. Teams are assembled and semi-random world events are predicted. Scenario’s are created.
- JZ travels to Caravan Farm Theatre to assist Artistic Director Courtney Dobey direction Right Robert - a new play by Sean Dixon.
- Minor Expletives - the blog gets more regular posts including a much read and talked about public application to Factory Theatre.
- Enjoyed the Farm and working with a great team.
- Prepared for Antigone Dead People
- Took some early steps to learning guitar and story telling for Sedition
- First set of inspiring get togethers to talk Public Recordings Performance Projects and how we can all work better.
- Sedition or Kindness Makes Me Cry Like Nothing Else at Summerworks
- Small Wooden Shoe Reads Difficult Plays and Sings Simple Songs #2
- planned for Antigone Dead People
- welcomed Theareworks Productions to the Antigone Dead People team.
- started volunteering at AIDS Committee of Toronto as a Support Group Facilitator.
- Small Wooden Shoe Reads Difficult Plays and Sings Simple Songs #3 Koerner Hall and Nuit Blanche edition. Got to read, late at night, in a gorgeous hall with wonderful people.
- Joined Dancemakers for a few days of Viewpoints to welcome new company.
- Antigone Dead People at the Tranzac. Amazing group of collaborators, 3 great performances.
- Research with Dancemakers on loveloss
- Populism, Affect and Sedition - part talk, part performance at the University of Waterloo.
- Second edition of Populism, Affect and Sedition - this time as part Dancemakers study group
- Launched Minor Expletives - the Podcast - the beginning of making more things to listen to, read and watch. The first edition is audio from the populism talk.